Travel Insurance Australia Pty Ltd collects information on behalf of our insurers all of whom are supporters of the intent of the Australian Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) 2000 (the Act).
Our aim is to provide the highest service to our customers, and to that end, we have developed the following procedures for the fair handling of personal information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy, as a result we take privacy and security matters very seriously. The details that we collect from you are collected lawfully and in accordance with Australian Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. The details are used entirely for the creation and operation of your insurance policy.
Please note that:
- We WILL NOT send you unsolicited marketing material.
- We DO NOT on sell your email address to ANY organisation or person.
Credit Card Information
- We DO NOT retain electronically any advised credit card details. Once a policy is issued, our system removes all credit card references from the application form as well as our servers.
As keeper of records on behalf of our insurers:
- We DO retain a copy of the original application in hard copy form, and should the insurer request a copy of the application form we will forward it to them.
- We DO NOT forward your financial details supplied to us Travel Insurance Australia Pty Ltd, except where we are required by law, under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) 2000 (the Act).
Why do we need and how do we use the information you supply?
In order for us to send you a complete set of insurance documents we require your name and address. A contact telephone number is necessary in case a situation should arise where we need to urgently contact you. As the policy application form is a legal document, providing a false address may result in the insurer rejecting any claims and retaining the policy fee.
Email address information
We also require an email address to send you confirmation of your purchase once your policy is issued. By supplying us with an email address you are permitting us to send you policy details of your purchased insurance to the address supplied.
- We DO NOT provide your email details to third parties unrelated to your policy.
- We DO NOT provide your email to 'sponsors or advertisers' or include you in ANY list which would email you other than required by ourselves or the insurer to fulfil your Travel Insurance requirements.
To allow us to issue you with a valid policy we require details of your travel plans and the name of those you wish to insure.
For the travel insurance you purchase to be valid we need to know the age category of each traveller, we may also ask some medical questions in order to ensure you are eligible for the cover we offer. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- We DO NOT provide your information to outside organisations, unless it is required for the performance of your agreement with us, or it is needed for the purpose of the law.
- We WILL HOLD up to date accurate information about you, as a client,
which you can check by contacting us.
- If this information is incorrect we WILL AMEND your details immediately upon your instruction.
Because of the nature of our product and the destination of your travel, it may be necessary for your well being for us to transfer your details overseas in order to properly carry out our business. By purchasing a policy that includes the possibility of travel outside of Australia, you consent to us doing so.
If you choose to supply us your personal details:
- We WILL NOT disclose information about you or any of your travelling companions to third party organisations not directly concerned with the issue and operation of your travel insurance.
All details will be handled in accordance with the guidelines outlined on the Privacy Commissioners website: www.privacy.gov.au
Complaints regarding the handling of your personal information
If you believe your privacy may have been prejudiced, you have the right to make a complaint about the matter.
In the first instance, it is suggested that your complaint should be addressed to us either by telephone or in writing. Please refer to our Contact Details for the current addresses and telephone numbers.
We will investigate the matters raised by you and respond directly to you.
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you should refer the matter to the Privacy Commissioner's Office in accordance with the Act.
Compliance Office of the Privacy Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Fax: 02 9284 9666
Our insurers' Privacy statements can be accessed in the Policy Documents via the links below.
© 2019 Travel Insurance Australia Pty Ltd | Authorised FSRA Representative 228753 | ABN: 370 5642 6530 | Website design by Mojo Burns